After treating an impacted tooth, it is important that you follow any post-operative instructions from Dr. Frank Paletta and Dr. Mo Banki. To help your recovery go smoothly, we recommend that you review and following the additional surgical instructions:
- Do not touch the surgical site.
- Bite down on a gauze pad for 30 minutes to help stop any post-operative bleeding. It is normal to experience bleeding for the first 24 hours.
- Apply ice packs to swollen areas for the first 36 hours.
- Be sure to drink lots of fluids, but avoid hot ones. Eat only soft foods for the remainder of your surgery day.
- Take pain medication only as directed.
- Rinse and clean your mouth after eating; you should rinse with warm salt water at least 6 times a day.
- Limit physical activity until you feel comfortable retuning to your normal routine.
For additional surgical instructions, and to schedule your appointment with our oral surgeons, we welcome you to call or visit our practice.