Some of our procedures at MSL Surgery involve intravenous, or IV, sedation. Before your scheduled surgery with Dr. Frank Paletta and Dr. Mo Banki, we ask that you follow the following instructions:
- Do not eat or drink anything for at least 8 hours before your scheduled appointment time.
- Do not smoke for at least 12 hours prior to surgery. Ideally, patients can benefit from slowly cutting back on smoking up to the day of their surgery.
- You must be accompanied by an adult who can drive you home after your surgery.
- Avoid driving or operating machinery for 24 hours after your surgery is complete.
- Wear loosely-fitted clothes to your appointment. Typically, a t-shirt and flat, closed-toed shoes are best. Do no wear flip flops.
- Do not wear oral or facial jewelry. Also avoid wearing large amounts of makeup, lipstick, or nail polish.
- Notify our office if you have contracted a sore throat, cold, or stomach ache.
- Notify our office of any regular oral medications.
If you have any questions about our instructions for IV sedation, we welcome you to contact our practice. You are also welcome to call us to schedule your appointment for IV-sedated oral surgery.