FRANK PALETTA, MD, DMD, FACS
Dr. Paletta is one of New England’s most extensively trained Maxillofacial Surgeons. He received a Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Connecticut, as well as a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Pittsburgh, where he graduated in the top 5%. As a result of his extensive educational studies, Dr. Paletta is both a licensed Physician and Dentist in several states.
Dr. Paletta performs all aspects of maxillofacial and facial cosmetic procedures. He performs over 1000 procedures annually in his state of the art accredited surgical facility. He has extensive training in office based anesthesia and has successfully performed over 10,000 intravenous based anesthetics with a clean safety record. He is dedicated to patient safety and comfort with improving surgical outcomes.
He is a Fellow of The American College of Surgeons (FACS), American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAMOS), American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS), American Dental Society of Anesthesiology (ADSA), as well as the American College of Dentists (FACD). In fact, there are very few surgeons that have obtained Fellow status in all of these prestigious organizations.
At the first opportunity, when he began practicing in Rhode Island, he was voted by his peers as one of the top Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and has since attained this honorable achievement numerous times in RI Monthly magazine “Top Docs” edition.
Dr. Paletta maintains faculty positions in the Department of Surgery at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at The University of Connecticut Health Center. He is an instructor to other physicians, and future physicians and dentists, in the area of maxillofacial surgery. He enjoys spending a portion of his professional life involved in the education and training of physicians and future doctors in the area of maxillofacial surgery. Dr. Paletta was nominated by his students and recognized for outstanding teaching by winning the Brown School of Medicine Faculty teaching award.
He has trained in General Surgery at the Hartford Hospital Trauma Center, and then completed his studies in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Connecticut Health Center, which is recognized as one of the top training programs in the Country. Dr. Paletta chose to go beyond the usual surgical residency training and elected to spend an additional year to complete an accredited Fellowship in Facial Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology.
Patient care is first and foremost at MSL Facial & Oral Surgery, and much of that is a reflection upon the type of person Dr. Paletta is; a family man who focuses on nurturing and caring, and is never too busy to listen to someone fully, with a sympathetic ear.
Dr. Paletta resides in East Greenwich with his wife Staci and their children, Ava, Gianfranco, and Marco.
Dr. Frank Paletta’s Curriculum Vitae
- University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine 1995, DMD
- University of Connecticut Health Center School of Medicine 1998, DMD
- University of Connecticut Health Center 1995-2000 Residency Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- University of Connecticut Health Center 1998-1999 Resident in General Surgery
- University of Connecticut Health Center, Hartford Trauma Center, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center 1999-2000, Chief Resident in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Baptist Memorial Hospital, Oral and Facial Surgical Center Columbus, MS 2000-2001 Fellowship in Facial Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Diplomate (Board Certified) – American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS) 2003
- Diplomate (Board Certified) – National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Fellow – American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Fellow – American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow – American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Fellow – American College of Dentists
- Fellow – American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Fellow – American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member – American, Rhode Island & Massachusetts Medical Associations
- Member – American, Rhode Island & Massachusetts Dental Associations
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society 1995
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, Alpert Medical School, Brown University
- Clinical Faculty – Department of Craniofacial Sciences, Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Connecticut
- Voted among Top Dentists- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery by Rhode Island Monthly Survey of Dentists
- Certified – Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- America’s Cosmetic Doctors – Castle Connolly Guide
- Member – Botox Cosmetic Physicians